Let’s Have Fun and Sing Karaoke

I’d never done much karaoke and had always thought it was kind of dumb, but been in Kuala Lumpur for the past few months and there’s a karaoke joint downstairs from us so my wife and I have been renting a booth regularly and I’ve been having a blast.

Anyone else into it and what are favorite songs? There’s a surprising amount of 90s pop alt rock at the place amidst all the Asian music and pop. I really enjoy Metallica (“Nothing Else Matters” and “Enter Sandman”), “Bullet With Butterfly Wings”, Pink Floyd, Stones as well as “Everytime” by Britney Spears, which is actually a great dark song. Between the two of us we can easily find enough songs to sing for 3-4 hours at a shot.

Wish they had some Ministry and Nine Inch Nails and such, but still pretty happy.

1 Like

My specialty is Bohemian Rhapsody.
It’s especially fun if you can find one of those live band karaoke places that does it.

1 Like

I had a whole channel of custom karaoke up on YouTube and the fuckers deleted it without explanation… twice! I had three Ministry songs up there, which I’ll try to post here

Overkill (Chicago '82)

All Day

Everyday Is Halloween

I’m working on Friend of the Devil next…

3 Likes

Haven’t karaoke’d in quite some time but my standard go-to was ‘Laid’ by James. The high note after ‘you think you’re so pretty’ wasn’t a hindrance as the audience would usually sing along to that part.

5 Likes

We’re at a place right now in Kyoto that has “Burning Inside” and “Thieves”!! Hell yeah Japanese Karaoke!!!

Also, since my first post I’ve had a chance to sing to a fair amount of NIN but don’t find them very fun at all. Strangely, Queensryche who I’m not a huge fan of are huge fun.

3 Likes