Halloween (2018)

Has anyone seen the new “Halloween” film? I understand it’s a direct sequel to the 1978 film completing bypassing all of the previous sequels and reboots.

I’ve seen it, and yes it is. It ignores everything except the original.

1 Like

Go see Mandy instead…now that’s a fucking movie!!

I took my nieces to see it. We liked it. I didn’t read anything about the movie before hand so I was a little confused not knowing about the continuity of this to the rest of the franchise. I later read an article online about Michael’s onscreen reaction during one scene and how that came about, won’t ruin it, but found the story interesting.

I’m sick of Halloween movies and also I’m sick of sequel numbering/titling that makes no damn sense (yes, I’m also looking at you, Rambo!).

Don’t blame Rambo. They drew first blood.

LOL! …and I believe there’s a Rambo 5 in the works…and a Creed 2 in a few weeks that I guess is really “Rocky 8”

Fk that shiat! go see “Climax” and thank me later!!

Go see Mandy instead…now that’s a fucking movie!!

That’s out in very few theaters - but it’s on my Netflix DVD list, so hopefully it’ll arrive just in time for Halloween.

[reply]Go see Mandy instead…now that’s a fucking movie!!

That’s out in very few theaters - but it’s on my Netflix DVD list, so hopefully it’ll arrive just in time for Halloween.[/reply]

Yeah I got lucky down here as it had a limited run and a local art house theater…I saw it twice and would have gladly seen it a 3rd time…glad you will get to see it on DVD but it was made for the big screen…one of my favorite films of all time,hands down…the director,Cosmatos described it as a “70s metal album cover come to life”…its that and so much more…words can’t describe how great it is…

[reply]

Don’t blame Rambo. They drew first blood.

LOL! …and I believe there’s a Rambo 5 in the works…and a Creed 2 in a few weeks that I guess is really “Rocky 8”[/reply]

Is there really a Rambo 5 in the works?
Can’t be Stallone again . . . can it?
Is it an sequel or a reboot of the franchise?

Apparently it’s Rambo vs. Human Traffickers From Mexico.

Yes. Rambo: Last Blood I believe it’s called.

Yes. Rambo: Last Blood I believe it’s called.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I love that I can’t tell if that’s sarcasm or not.
It’s actually a pretty brilliant title, though.
It also kind of guarantees that there will be another film though.

Funny. But it’s actually not sarcasm.

https://screenrant.com/rambo-5-weapon-knife-heartstopper-stallone/

That last Rambo movie was gory as shit…

I love the first Halloween movie. So the new one picks up right after the first? Does that mean it cancels out the second one?

Yep. I’d question the wisdom of that considering the series has already played that card at least once in the past (the “those previous sequels never happened, this is the real sequel” sequel concept) and the convoluted ‘branching timelines’ in this series are already a source of ridicule. But it seems to be working out for them.

I love the first Halloween movie. So the new one picks up right after the first? Does that mean it cancels out the second one?

Its set 40 years after the original …the producers just want you to suspend disbelief as if the other sequels never happened…they were originally gonna shoot 2 movies back to back but decided to wait to see how this one did…with the success of the film,the inevitable follow up is sure to come…

this movie was subpar sack of dillutive shit dressed up in a more impressive sack of shit.

Watch “Mandy” instead.