Freak Parade Tour

Glad to see and hear Al following through on his reworking of “Revenge”. Good tune.

That’s FUCKING cool!!! Finally dude’s acknowledging one of his best albums :smiley:

1 Like

Fantastic!
Bummed this tour is skipping my whole quarter of the country.

1 Like

ho-lee-shit.

1 Like

Very cool. Makes we want to see them even more now.

1 Like

That sounded pretty good. I like his old shit reworked into new shit.

Don’t care for it. But I never cared for With Sympathy so that’s expected.

Still, I’m happy he’s making weird moves. Also, hopefully this appeases all the synth pop dorks.

1 Like

I’m not into With Sympathy either but I think these songs being reworked is pretty good.

2 Likes

I’ve given up expecting amazing things from the ever-retiring one, but that was fun and better than I thought it’d be.

1 Like

I think Uncle Al’s current bandmates, his daughter, the WS cover band, and countless others deserve some credit for inspiring Uncle Al to revisit his earlier work. It’s certainly been a strange journey over the last 40 years.

2 Likes
4 Likes

Great fun show in Tinley Park last night! Filter played up to the crowd, I had to laugh when Richard bemoaned his shoe always coming untied onstage, that would be me. Ministry sounded great, they chased a family with kids away in front of us after Filter played, they returned for Alice Cooper. First time seeing Alice Cooper, I think I’ve missed out never seeing them before. Rob Zombie was killer. Loud concert was just the thing I needed to soothe my jangled nerves.

3 Likes

You forgot some important fuckers…. The fans… maaan!!!

I’d like to see someone leave their drunk boyfriend. Fucking hate alcoholics.

But what’s that adage…. “Daughters look for someone similar to their father.” ??!!

I have to say this show was pretty awesome. The timing and production/lighting were spot on. Strange to see Al in this kind of mix but it worked. Everyone sounded perfect…almost too perfect. I got see Lowelly during one of the breaks, which was cool!

3 Likes

It was nice meeting you, too. I wish I could have had more time, but the prick I went with took 150 mg of edibles, aaaaaaaaaand here’s how the rest of the night went:

. He kept grabbing me (non-sexually) during Alice Cooper and trying to mosh with me in the seats;
. We left after Alice Cooper (I had had enough of this clown) and it took 90 MINUTES to find my car, partly because a) I looked in the wrong lot; and b) my “friend” had to be dragged around by his arm because he kept falling down. At one point, he vanished completely for half an hour and wouldn’t answer his phone. Finally, I got him on the horn, asked him where he was, and he said, “Outside.” He just could not get his shit together.
. Ultimately, I needed to get his attention, so for the first time in my entire life (47 years), I punched someone in the face in anger. IT FELT GOOD. I’M GOING TO HAVE TO TRY IT AGAIN.

So, yeah. Plus side? Ministry was amazing. Filter was… meh. I was too distracted to enjoy Cooper, and I completely missed Rob Zombie.

Sigh. Gonna go hit someone now. Peace! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Just don’t punch anyone that will get you arrested,lowelly…jail sucks…

I was just kidding (for the most part). I felt okay smashing my companion’s nose in because a) he wouldn’t remember it – and he didn’t – and b) there was no one else around.

I’ve been arrested, I’ve been to central booking. Yeah, it’s horrible.

1 Like