First Ministry live show - December 31, 1981 - 40th Anniversary

Happy 40th anniversary to Ministry’s first live show!

Anyone remember that night? I think I spent that evening at a New Year’s Eve roller skating party.

I was less than a year old, so I don’t remember much of that night lol.

I sent some pictures and info recently, if those don’t come up today, I’ll post them here a little later. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

4 days before my first anniversary. Good times. eheh

Happy new year to everyone!

2 Likes

She’s Got A Cause (live) - December 31, 1981

Awesome! Never heard this live before.

3 Likes

Live drums and synths always work for me. 40 years… damn

3 Likes

Nice find! It uses the arrangement and lyrics from the early version of the track, and was supposed to be the follow up single to Cold Life.

1 Like

I was still a little over a month away from turning 6 :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Looks like some of the tracks from this show (Cold Life, I’m Falling, Overkill, She’s Got A Cause) will be showing up on an expanded re-issue of the Chicago/Detroit release.

https://cleorecs.com/store/shop/ministry-chicago-detroit-1982-deluxe-edition-double-cd/

A bit of a bummer that the show isn’t coming in full.

4 Likes

Thanks…I ordered it!

1 Like

No vinyl = no money.

UPDATE: Found the vinyl…ordered.

Thank you!!!

1 Like

Got it Monday…

4 Likes

Cool, thanks for posting! I guess it’s just She’s Got A Cause from the first show. The other bonus tracks are from 3/12/82, the same show as some of the tracks on Disc One.

The item description said they all came from the first show. Ah well.

1 Like

Cleopatra is never one to pass up the chance to re-release the same material with slightly different bonus tracks. Id buy this if I didn’t already have most of it.

1 Like

That is a massive disappointment. Damn.

1 Like

This is a rerelease? I thought I had this already a few years back.

2 Likes

Disc 1 is exactly the same as the previous release. Disc 2 is random stuff thrown in. Kind of a missed opportunity, there’s plenty of tracks from those same shows they could have included instead.

2 Likes

ooooh, I looked too quickly at the pic the first time through. I see now it is 2 discs.
Maybe I’ll pick it up.

1 Like