Did everyone suddenly die?

I’m digging it. It’s catchy. Good riff indeed.

Maybe i need to listen to it more times but i think gdwt is catchier.

The verse vocals remind me a little of Twitch, which is cool! The structure feels a little sewn together at times where I don’t feel all the parts flow organically into each other, but it’s still fun which puts it above most of AMERIKKKANT in my opinion.

1 Like

About spot on, I’d say :smiley: My thought also went to Twitch on the verse. I could have done without those silly “what/when do we want it” chants, but they’re less annoying than an overdose of Orange Gorilla quotes/samples.

1 Like

The riff is cool for about 30 seconds then I get bored of it. The vocals and lyrics suck and it’s mostly what’s killing it for me. When did Ministry devolve into goobery purple haired SJW drivel? I remember Al being more cerebral and iconoclast with his work.

Obviously the song is inspired by those protester goofs defacing property lol.

and i don’t know where you guys are hearing Twitch lol.

It’s Al’s “sinister whisper” vocals on the verse that remind me of Twitch.

As for the SFW lyric stuff, Al’s lyrics have never been the strongest and have often been pretty inelegant in their bluntness. It’s not like the aforementioned Twitch is a lyrical masterpiece and NWO doesn’t seem off from the current crop. Ministry’s best lyrics were written by Chris or done when he was a full blown junky (Filth Pig and Dark Side). The problem with the new lyrics is that they do lyric videos which just highlight the worst parts of the songs.

I was referring to the references to Crowley and Burroughs in his work and unique album art. Nuministry feels more like a boogery edgy teenager took over creative input for Al. It’s dreadful from every angle.

Sometimes I wish…. But i realize there’s still shit I enjoy in life. Simple shit. Knob twiddling. Guitars or synthesizers. Gear junkie.

Plus, there’s a lot of shitty people in this world. And some of us “good” ones, gotta outlive em.

Lost too many good people over the years. And this years not over.

2 Likes

Agree. About 1000% agree.

This nuMinistry crud from the last ten to fifteen years can literally go get fucked as far as I’m concerned. Embarrassing.

It’s about as edgy as a film starring Jared Leto and Stephen Dorff.

1 Like

Ha! Dorrf. Add Denzel Washington to the list. And Liam Neeson to the list. Can’t stand fucking Denzel. Gonna put him in more “cowboy” movies, are we? Why the fuck not?!!

I suppose one could argue that this place is desolate because the Internet’s rife with places where you can bitch that things were better 30 years ago.

Thank you snufkin, been sayin the same exact thing.
All of the post barker material is embarrassing as hell, and to be a bonefide fan of it…even worse.
Sub par dog shti.

I am posting even though alcoholics dont like me and want me invisibled. What a pussy.