Cyanotic’s Sean Payne involved in a tragic car crash

In a shocking turn of events, Sean Payne, the frontman of the Chicago based industrial rock collective Cyanotic, was involved in a tragic car crash on Tuesday night. The incident occurred as Payne and his wife, Anastasia, were returning home from the Skinny Puppy show in Minneapolis.

The collision resulted in severe injuries for Sean, who is currently in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU), while tragically claiming the life of his wife.

May 22, 2023

Hello everyone, here is an update:

"so everybody is in the loop: thank you for the flood of kind words. Stacey was a unicorn of a human that will bear a mark on my permanent existence.

my injuries in the accident weren’t slight but also weren’t as extreme as a lot of people have been hearing. for the record: I have 4 broken ribs and my dominant hand is in a cast for awhile. I am all intact otherwise.

any questions: feel free to ask. I will be burying myself in music the next few weeks (nothing new) and will be around. I won’t be answering a lot of personal messages because its just too much to constantly reiterate.

much love to all you good people in digital land."

Holy shit. How tragic. Not that it particularly matters but I’m a big fan of his music.

I remember hearing about that. I really liked their first album before they devolved into a dorky cyborg obsessed band.