Albini vs Jourgensen

I honestly don’t think Al is intelligent enough at this point or capable of making a coherent, thoughtful insult towards another artist. It all gets sidetracked into being “totally fucked up” one night, fucking birds, and fireworks on tour busses, and heroin.

Either he is as dumb as he sounds now or he’s pretending to be dumb. Both are equally as bad. Actually it’s even worse if he’s pretending to be a fucking, drunk idiot because there’s no point and it’s not cool or amusing in any way.

I mean, at least he hasn’t turned into fucking Dave Navarro where all he talks about his past heroin habit and all the “wild, wacky, antics” that took place while strung out.

I mean, at least he hasn’t turned into fucking Dave Navarro where all he talks about his past heroin habit and all the “wild, wacky, antics” that took place while strung out.

Great. Thanks for reminding me how much I HATE Dave Navarro. I just remembered I was getting ready to glue a picture of his face to a cardboard box so I could stab it violently with some kitchen knives. Stupid faggity ass muppet.

Dave Navarro is the reason I own several fully automatic weapons. I practice on photos of him crudely stapled to pillows in my backyard. I don’t care what the neighbors think either. If they support Dave Navarro they’re just as bad.

All he ever talks about is his past heroin addiction. I don’t like mocking peoples addictions, but someone get that idiot a syringe full of black tar because he clearly fucking wants it still. It’s all he talks about ever. His “glory days” while high. Stupid drug “war stories”. Heroin obviously still dominates his life so why not get the high out of it too?

Plus, he dresses like an asshole and I hate his face.

Plus, he dresses like an asshole and I hate his face.

I cannot agree with this strongly enough.

I’m glad I am not the only one that thinks Navarro is a weiner.

We could probably start a club.
Late,
grmpysmrf

That would be one club whose meetings I would actually be on time for.

And the one where grmpysmrf and I both attend and actually agree on something. At least I would have to focus on the issue at hand for purely moral reasons (Dave Navarro and his stupid face and nipples that nobody wants to see). Because nothing can dissuade me from my hatred for Dave Navarro.

Navarro is a giant d-bag but I love the Deconstruction record he did with Eric Avery…a great overlooked,underrated little gem…

And the one where grmpysmrf and I both attend and actually agree on something.

We actually agree on quite a few things I’ve noticed but kept them too myself cause I was busy 1 upping you :wink:
Late,
grmpysmrf

There are some albums by Al that I like a lot more than Albini’s work (Filth Pig, DSOTS, LORA), but I’ve liked all of Albini’s music… which is something I cannot say about Al.

And as for Al being a poser… well… come on… he has always been a bit of a poser… putting on accents, playing dress up, etc. (not that there is anything necessarily wrong with that, but lets not kid ourselves here).

Albini is just opinionated. And a lot of what he says is true.

There are some albums by Al that I like a lot more than Albini’s work (Filth Pig, DSOTS, LORA), but I’ve liked all of Albini’s music… which is something I cannot say about Al.

And as for Al being a poser… well… come on… he has always been a bit of a poser… putting on accents, playing dress up, etc. (not that there is anything necessarily wrong with that, but lets not kid ourselves here).

Albini is just opinionated. And a lot of what he says is true.

The shitty English accent phase is definitely a reasonable example. But after that how has he been a “poser”? He didn’t really seem to put on much of an act at all afterward. I think that was what drew a lot of people towards the band (aside from the music).

The shitty English accent phase is definitely a reasonable example. But after that how has he been a “poser”? He didn’t really seem to put on much of an act at all afterward. I think that was what drew a lot of people towards the band (aside from the music).

I guess that depends on how you define “poser”. I mean, he had a few looks and phases that he went through . . . “I’m a new wave Brit, I’m a biker, I’m a cowboy, I’m a . . . .” but I don’t really think that’s “posing” per se. It’s just an expression of stuff that he gets into or emotionally attached to at various times.

If I’m obsessed with a certain band, I’m likely to buy their T-shirt. If I was into western stuff I might start wearing my cowboy hat (again). I don’t think he was ever trying to be something he wasn’t. He was just doing whatever gave him a boner at the time.

Maybe (maybe) he’s still doing that. He certainly doesn’t seem to care (at least not enough to do something about it) that he’s alienated MUCH of his core fan base. Whether that’s punk rock attitude or early-onset senility, I don’t know.

I think Al sort of still does “whatever the f**k he wants” but he’s also faced with the reality of diminishing returns. I am very curious where the next phase of life takes him and if he still keeps making stuff or if he finally hangs it up (I don’t know if his lifestyle and finances will even allow that).

Anyway . . . . we’ll see . . .

Navarro is a giant d-bag but I love the Deconstruction record he did with Eric Avery…a great overlooked,underrated little gem…

Navarro is underrated as a guitarist because of his personality quirks and inability to wear a shirt, regardless of current climate conditions. He shone in Jane’s Addiction, Deconstruction was a great album that no one’s ever bothered to hear, and he brought something to the Chili Peppers that made them slightly interesting again.

Can you please not say anything positive about Dave Navarro? It makes me ill to read it and I find it rather disorienting.

Can you please not say anything positive about Dave Navarro? It makes me ill to read it and I find it rather disorienting.

Hahaha…Dave Navarro>Limp Bizkit…

Deconstruction is an incredible record…

Dave Navarro ruined every band he was in.

He also loses points for dating Alyssa “Bitchface” Milano.

[reply]Dave Navarro ruined every band he was in.

He also loses points for dating Alyssa “Bitchface” Milano.[/reply]

Huh? Loses points? I would drink her douche water and ask for seconds…I’ve had a boner for her for decades!!!

1 Like

Yeah, I’m gonna have to side with Queer on that one. In fact, I’m pretty mad at being told this new (new to me, at least) information as it taints my views on both Navarro and Alyssa.

Albini is essentially a cranky old man trapped in a younger man’s body. He’s excessively negative about a lot of subjects, but definitely doesn’t hate everything. He’s not rich, he’s not famous, he’s simply ‘known’ and for a lot of artists (that are similar to he) those attitudes and opinions are beloved because, well, they’re just naturally off-kilter.

I actually applaud that. I also like that a lot of the music that he has created as a musician is not serious, but has a true fuck-you attitude that never seems forced or pretentious.

More Albini goodness is in this interview:
http://markprindle.com/albini-i.htm

P.S. First two Shellac albums are greeeeeeaaaaaat. And of course Big Black.

Another thing I like about Albini, as described in that interview, he only charges what he feels the artist should be charged. He has worked with a number of post-rock acts, not charging a lot of dough, but of course has done so with a Hootie & The Blowfish or Bush. Hey, it doesn’t mean you have to be humble all of the time.