New Al Jourgensen/Ministry book coming soon.

As for the author just adding things from the Internet/this site, I don’t think that’s it. There are places that certainly seem like that (the list of bands they played with in 82/83, for instance). But I think it’s more of a case of him getting a framework and then searching around for for info. Something like:

Al: Yeah, and then Bob Roberts left
Int: Why did he leave?
Al: I dunno. I think he was forming his own band or something.

Then the guy goes and searches for the band name and adds it as part of the interview.

But some parts don’t make sense. When Al was given a copy of America by someone in the band’s camp (which originated from me, naturally) back in 2003 or so, he said he had no memory of the song. And then here it pops up in the prologue as being something big enough for him to quote? But if they just picked it as an unreleased song from this site, why would they change a lyric when they quote it (stabbing vs laughing)? Especially when that doesn’t match the only recorded version of the song known to exist?

But his Carmichaels info definitely came from Al. He gave us the info back in the early 2000’s when we finally got some decent copies of the demos.

Rick Razor sounds like some WWE wrestler and the name of the band is not The Pissing Razors.

Haha! It does.

As for the author just adding things from the Internet/this site, I don’t think that’s it. There are places that certainly seem like that (the list of bands they played with in 82/83, for instance). But I think it’s more of a case of him getting a framework and then searching around for for info. Something like:

Al: Yeah, and then Bob Roberts left
Int: Why did he leave?
Al: I dunno. I think he was forming his own band or something.

Then the guy goes and searches for the band name and adds it as part of the interview.

This.

Just got an email from Amazon saying this book is coming sooner than originally thought. My preorder will get here sometime this week.

I didn’t realize it was out this week. I was going to get a physical copy, but maybe I’ll just get it for my Nook and read it on my upcoming vacation.

Yeah, was supposed to release on July 9. Unlike Filth Pig, this is landing early.

Yeah, was supposed to release on July 9. Unlike Filth Pig, this is landing early.

Al’s hepatitis C can lead to liver cancer

ah what the heck, I just ordered it too. I just got Thelonius Monk’s biography, and am currently reading John Coltrane’s biography, so my summer reading list is already quite full.

Must be an Amazon thing - Barnes & Noble still has it listed for July, so no Nook version for me this weekend.

Yeah, that’s why I love Amazon. I plan on ordering my copy on Friday.

Order placed!

came in the mail today. I’ll start reading it later, but went to the middle of the book with all the pictures. some cool early days pictures, but of 14 pages of pictures, only two are pre-1992, the majority are from 2004 and above which is disappointing.
and of course, no barker in the older pics as expected.

the cover material of the book is weird, almost like sandpaper. just cheap material I guess.

should be an interesting read, but I’m bouncing back between that, pearl jam 20, and a jaco pastorious biography.

Mine landed today too. Will start reading tomorrow. . .

about 60 pages in, and I’m not sure if some of this stuff is real…as a matter of fact, there’s some things in here where he’s just flat out delusional…

I’m really starting to see the agenda of this book now, I’m about 200 pages in.

personally, I find this book to be kinda pathetic. I’ve read much better, but not really much worse. there’s alot of glancing over things, not really detailed information. unless, of course, it’s about drugs.

This book is hysterical. I haven’t laughed out loud this much in a long time. Robert Plant is an asshole. Madonna’s stinky cunt. Having to record that wuss music for Arista. Giving Frankie a blowjob. Too damn funny.

The alien abduction stuff is pretty dumb though.

I was laughing too, until I got to the alien abduction story. then, I questioned EVERYTHING in the book. did this stuff really happen? (possibly) or is it in there for the sake of humor and trying to sound cool? (another possibility)

I think the answer lies somewhere in the middle.

This book is hysterical. I haven’t laughed out loud this much in a long time. Robert Plant is an asshole. Madonna’s stinky cunt. Having to record that wuss music for Arista. Giving Frankie a blowjob. Too damn funny.

The alien abduction stuff is pretty dumb though.

sounds awesome…

I’m sure he believes he was abducted by aliens. I expect him to be a little crazy. Doesn’t discredit his other claims even though I think it’s ridiculous.

Edit:

Gunnar, reading it from the beginning I now hear it in Al’s voice more. While sampling the pages was a good taster, working into it makes it a better read. Of course, there are still grammatical issues.

perhaps I’m being too hard on him and the book. I’m gaining perspective as I keep reading.

but that other alien story you’ll hear about later on, oh boy just wait for that one!