New Al Jourgensen/Ministry book coming soon.

http://www.amazon.com/Ministry-Lost-Gospels-According-Jourgensen/dp/0306822180

lots of sample pages up, it seems. thanks, the book was discussed here earlier but it seems to have been forgotten about. can’t believe it’s coming out next month.

Wow! They have a lot of sample pages up. I read a lot of stuff from the early years and Al’s story not only checks out, but is very detailed with crazy stories.

I’ll be picking this one up.

!

Looks like there’s 162 pages of interesting stuff. Checking out the previews now. Not even through the prologue and he mentions my favorite unreleased track.

Wow. This sounds great. I was gonna get it anyway, even when I figured it would be 90% devoted to the genius that is the last 8 years, but this is sounding very promising.

Can someone post a link or let me know where these sample pages are? I’d like to read them tonight before someone realizes that they’re enjoyable for others and takes them down.

On the image of the book, there’s a “look inside” tab. From there, I clicked on “surprise me” and takes you to page that has literally 85% of the book that you can scroll through.

no way! i’m excited for something al is putting out?! lol. i’d rather not start reading now, though.

On the image of the book, there’s a “look inside” tab. From there, I clicked on “surprise me” and takes you to page that has literally 85% of the book that you can scroll through.

Awesome! Thanks!

They’ve got a lot of pages, but not most of the book (“pages 66-272 are not included in this book preview”). From what they have though, this actually seems to be very cool. Al comes off much more coherent than any of his recent interviews and seems somewhat respectful of his past. And fun extra features and interviews with other folks. From what I’ve seen, I really don’t think I could suggest much they could do better.

Just went a read a good bit of this. Random first page that came up?

Al making fun of the book club because he set the tour bus on fire during Lolla '92.

Just went a read a good bit of this. Random first page that came up?

Al making fun of the book club because he set the tour bus on fire during Lolla '92.

Dude. That’s probably EVERY page. Well, excluding the ones dedicated to the roadie that humped the ostrich, of course.

There was a lot of Mikey in the samples I read. Pretty funny.

ill grab this. thanks for the reminder.

i read a few pages. i’m not real sure what i think about the whole thing (well, the little part i read). there’s no way he remembers the specifics that i read. also, apparently he sucked frankie’s dick while they were in Special Effect.

Al comes off much more coherent than any of his recent interviews and seems somewhat respectful of his past.

Well, it’s ghostwritten. Al’s made no secret of that.

[reply] Al comes off much more coherent than any of his recent interviews and seems somewhat respectful of his past.

Well, it’s ghostwritten. Al’s made no secret of that.[/reply]

Neil Strauss must’ve roofied the guy or something.

That being said, here’s a better question, though . . . . has Al read this book?

also, apparently he sucked frankie’s dick while they were in Special Effect.

If only I hadn’t deleted Frankie on Facebook. I’d love to hear that one. Yet another guy Al burned his bridges with.

[reply]also, apparently he sucked frankie’s dick while they were in Special Effect.

If only I hadn’t deleted Frankie on Facebook. I’d love to hear that one. Yet another guy Al burned his bridges with.[/reply]

Sounds like he did more than just burning under that bridge.

wow, it has a chapter devoted to each album/era. this looks better than expected.

wow, it has a chapter devoted to each album/era. this looks better than expected.

YES!! Holy fuck!! An entire chapter on ‘Dark Side of the Spoon’!! This is really way beyond what I was expecting and I am DEFINITELY buying this!! Who would have thought!! FUUUUCCKKK

Weird. I’m maybe 6 or 7 pages in and it’s just not connecting with me. It doesn’t read at all like Al. Maybe I’m too close to the subject matter. I LOVED the Motley Crue book and I’ve read good portions of the Marilyn Manson one too (both done with Neil Strauss) and they both FEEL like I’m listening to the actual subjects telling their story. Same with when I read Johnny Cash’s autobiography. When I read and autobiography I usually hear it in my head as the voice of the specific artist. I just can’t get that to trigger this time. I’m reading it in my own voice or the voice of some nerdy teaching assistant from college. I’m actually pretty bummed out. I know I want to read this book and I want to know and learn everything within, but the ride is already a bit unpleasant for me because of its very inauthentic feel.

Sounds like I’m the only one who thinks this so far, and I’m glad everyone else can appreciate it for what it is, but it’s going to be hard for me to finish this one. I can already tell. Hopefully as I get more into the actual book I’ll get caught into the story and put away these initial prejudices.