MINISTRY - Experimental Album - 2LP - WAX TRAX RARE UNRELEASED

WAX 019:

I got this yesterday. Nothing worth mentioning. The samples pretty much capture the tracks.

I keep flirting with getting it but i keep finding some excuse not too.

so this has been released? what’d I miss?

Not yet, the bootleg has been getting more pressings and is quite cheap nowadays.

1 Like

I held back for ages in case it was fake
After all bootleggers have faked other artists stuff

but when i read that part of it was on the industrial accident cash grab box that was the confirmation i needed

Firstly the quality of the pressing is absolutely excellent.

I’ve been going through a bit of a dark ambient phase the last few years ever since Kevin Martins isolationism comp opened my ears so I’m in the right headspace for this kind of thing

I deliberately haven’t read the rest of this thread as I thought it would be funny to try and guess which track was by which member

Side A has that doomy orchestral sample like lead into gold so I’m gonna say its Paul

Side C has those latin influenced layered beats so i’ll say its Al

Ok, now I’ll read the rest of the thread and see how wrong I guessed

if this is the project i think it is, some guys here have good info on this. i’m thinking this is the 4 sided double LP with one side to an artist.

1 Like

Wax Trax has been talking about releasing it, but they need to get on the ball, that bootleg is a good pressing and it’s getting more common and the price tag isn’t bad either.

So, some new info on that one. It’s been mentioned that Al didn’t contribute a track, and Roland contributed two. Side C (Carbon) is Roland Barker and is the same one that appears on Industrial Accident. Here’s my take on it:

Side A: Paul Barker-Arsenic
Side B: William Reiflin-Boron
Side C: Roland Barker-Carbon (confirmed)
Side D: Roland Barker-Dubnium (the saxophone here indicates this is Roland as well)

1 Like

I picked up a copy of the bootleg of this finally, after failing to be able to get one the first time they showed up. Nice to have this in physical form - I already had heard the MP3 tracks that were floating around.

Ironic though that it is being bootlegged as attributed to Ministry, yet doesn’t appear to have Al on it at all. It’s an odd little item.

–SKot

Yea It’s odd. There’s one track that sounds like AL or Blackouts…

Glad you picked it up.

I honestly figured the track with the Popeye theme sounds would have been the one with Al on it, because it sounds like his humor.

–SKot