Ultimate Rarest Tracks 2CD set (coming in January)

Great song. A few versions of the song have been released over the years. They only played it on the 1984 tour and haven’t since.

2 Likes

I forgot there’s still the HQ recording of the 12/31/1984 Exit show that Wax Trax! appears to have in their vault.

2 Likes

Looks like a vinyl version is already out.

https://cleorecs.com/store/shop/ministry-ultimate-rarest-tracks-silver-double-vinyl/

Same tracklist as CD1, with some of the demos from the Trax Box set tacked onto the end.

2 Likes

I received the (silver) vinyl version today. Totally different track listing. It does not include what’s on Disc 2 of the CD set, which is the Everyday (Is Halloween) - The Lost Mixes tracks, previously only available on that vinyl single. Instead, as realmdemagic said, it’s 4 more 1982 Demo tracks (“Work For Love”, I Wanted To Tell Her", “She’s Got A Cause”, and “Revenge”), the long version of “I’ll Do Anything For You”, and “Where Are You At Now” (which is "The Nature Of Love (Cruelty Mix A) without the fade-out, I believe).

Confusing, I know. I updated Discogs accordingly and added the vinyl version. Someone still needs to add the white vinyl release and the digital download.

Was there ever a demo version of “Should Have Known Better”?

–SKot

3 Likes

Very cool, looking forward to checking out the vinyl version at some point. Going off the track durations, it looks like the bonus demos are the same versions as the ones on the Trax Box set.

I’ve haven’t heard any demo versions for Should Have Known better, which is weird because all of the other With Sympathy songs have either demos or earlier versions.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t imagine that there are demo versions of SHKB, HWG, SYS or WHS since those were all written and conceived in the same studio where they were eventually recorded and mixed. There might be some rough mixes that exist but I wouldn’t call them demos.

5 Likes

I think I’ll hold out for the Super Extra Ultimate Rarest Tracks CD set that is surely coming out next year.

7 Likes

Such an odd decision to swap tracks between formats.

Not getting too far into semantics of what a demo is or isn’t, but I’d qualify the 1982 ‘demos’ as rough mixes - fully produced and almost ready for release.

1 Like