Pigface ---------2019

After 14 years, Martin brings back Pigface. A few dates have been released but not any members yet.

No California show. Boo.

Yeah, I wish they were coming here too. For all my shitting on Atkins, they really made this sound like itā€™ll be a fun one and the VIP packs looked pretty rad. Pigface used to be one of my absolute favorite bands, but I never saw the live.

1 Like

For a while there they were an absolute blast of a live actā€¦

I saw them in the 90s at Limelight. The lineup included Genesis P-Orridge and Ogre. They played for almost four hours. At one point, they inflated a raft and Ogre surfed on the mosh pit. It was like watching an industrial, Mad Max version of George Clinton & The P-Funk All Stars. INCREDIBLE. I highly recommend seeing them.

2 Likes

The p funk/mad max thing is a great way to describe those gigsā€¦those 90s shows were loads of funā€¦they did the raft thing a few times on the 2000s alsoā€¦not sure how a Pigface tour would go over these daysā€¦guess it would all depend on who is in the collective this time aroundā€¦

1 Like

The line up is definitely a big part, and I donā€™t think itā€™s possible for them to re-capture the beautiful clusterfuck madness of the early Pigface live experience. Most everyone has grown up, grown old, gotten clean, etc. Not that any of that is a bad thing. You can still, of course, have a blast, but the other element is the crowd itself. These types of gigs used to be such a wonderful communion among the artists and fans. It was spontaneous, exciting, and wonderful. People EXPERIENCED shows and lived them in the moment, because itā€™s a one time shot and then itā€™s over. People now seem to have really tragically lost so much of that, sadly. Instead of a couple hundred maniacs gleefully losing their minds and having a wonderful apocalyptic orgy of fun, now you got a bunch of fuckheads standing around with cameras and cell phones.

2 Likes

Agree,totallyā€¦and they arenā€™t coming close enough for me to find out either wayā€¦

1 Like

1 Like

The '92 tour was absolute madness. Last time I saw them was 2005, I think?

Pending the line up, I might fly out for one of the shows. I like to do that every once in a while. Perhaps my hometown of Cleveland or maybe even Columbus.

1 Like

Wonder if we can buy Ministry cage pieces at merch?

1 Like

Hahaā€¦yeah Iā€™m sure Martin has ā€œdiscoveredā€ some more cage piecesā€¦that was one of his more amusing scamsā€¦

2 Likes

I did ask Martin about this one time:

Lucky for him they jeffed it in the fright elevatorā€¦

2 Likes

Especially when he is stuck in a fright elevatorā€¦those things are terrifyingā€¦

1 Like

Is that English? Iā€™m not having a stroke, am I?

1 Like

I think itā€™s his out if anyone accuses him to be full of shit. ā€œI didnā€™t write that! I can spell! Thereā€™s also an alarming lack of ā€˜fucks.ā€™ā€

1 Like

Fuck you Martin for neglecting California.

By the way, same Pile. But no longer a space after Eureka because there is no fucking safe space.

1 Like

Whatā€™s the lineup???

1 Like

Thats beautiful, i had no idea Atkins wrote Trumps speeches

Raven told me Atkins couldnā€™t spell but I never realized how bad it was