Ministry playing all ’80s/early-’90s sets on Wax Trax! film tour w/Cold Cave

I might try to make the L.A. show…

http://www.brooklynvegan.com/ministry-playing-all-80searly-90s-sets-on-wax-trax-film-tour-w-cold-cave/?fbclid=IwAR1TzY9nrPy0sfv0hZAtSM5xM5U9LvYc0vi_gxYfSXYgnMnUS2J3fwYVQYc

I’m very interested in this, and may even drive out to Chicago.

I’m pretty sure it will be mostly Land/Mind/Psalm material, with Halloween thrown in for good measure, but if the band does a mostly synth-era set, I will be there.

This is a nice surprise on a not so nice Thursday for me![:)]

I’ll attempt to get a ticket for Toronto.

I’m very interested in this, and may even drive out to Chicago.

I’m pretty sure it will be mostly Land/Mind/Psalm material, with Halloween thrown in for good measure, but if the band does a mostly synth-era set, I will be there.

Do so that I might procure some of your stuff on Discogs to save on shipping costs LOL

No for real, would be cool to meet you and any others. House Of Vans is awesome, free entry and beer/cider plus a nice setting for a performance such as this would be killer. Come come come!

[reply]I’m very interested in this, and may even drive out to Chicago.

Do so that I might procure some of your stuff on Discogs to save on shipping costs LOL

No for real, would be cool to meet you and any others. House Of Vans is awesome, free entry and beer/cider plus a nice setting for a performance such as this would be killer. Come come come![/reply]

Yeah for sure! I’ll keep you and anyone else posted. I’m seriously considering making the drive. And yes, I’d be happy to bring some records to sell out of the trunk of my car, ha ha.

http://www.brooklynvegan.com/ministry-playing-all-80searly-90s-sets-on-wax-trax-film-tour-w-cold-cave/?fbclid=IwAR1TzY9nrPy0sfv0hZAtSM5xM5U9LvYc0vi_gxYfSXYgnMnUS2J3fwYVQYc

Keep us posted, Brother!
I’m sure Acid Cripple and myself will be on board, and probably Grumpysmurf too.

Anyone coming to the Chicago show, let’s meet! I’m on Instagram as afra242… hit me up!

Yeah, pending the distribution of these “free” tickets, I will be there.

Wow. Just checking that it’s not April 1st or some kind of prank…

I’ll end up going into Brooklyn for this one.

So I’m pretty sure now that hell has indeed frozen over.

The crazy thing is, I actually will just happen to be in Chicago during the first show (normally I’m in Portland, OR, where they aren’t playing). So you can bet I’m going to be there come frozen hell or high water.

Worst case scenario and it’s a Land/Mind/Psalm set (none of which was on WaxTrax!), I’m still down for it. Best case scenario, they dust off some of the old singles and side projects and maybe even a track or two from Twitch.

The one thing that concerns me is those free tickets…on Record Store Day. Sounds like a recipe for a double-dog madhouse to me.

–SKot

Yeah, “WAX TRAX era” might be a bit misleading, and doesn’t necessarily mean WAX TRAX material. I don’t see Nature of Love or Cold Life being played. I do think it would be interesting if Al resurrected that alternate live version of All Day from '87 that was recorded at Numbers.

I think a re-worked (see: guitar-heavy) Just Like You or Where You At Now? would be a nice surprise, but I’m sure he will just dust off We Believe. Hearing Golden Dawn live again would cool as well. In reality, it would be easy enough for Al to just condense the 88-92 material he is already playing, and add on the acoustic Halloween. Hopefully there is a surprise or two in the set. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Any further updates on tickets or the possible Ministry set list? I’ve seen a couple posts by Julia on the Wax Trax facebook page, but that’s about it.

1 Like

General admission is free until capacity is reached. If you buy the Industrial Accident soundtrack from a participating store, you will get VIP tickets. (which is really just guaranteed entry)

The setlist will include material from Psalm 69 and earlier, including side projects. I really don’t think we’re getting a 12" singles era set, but rather something similar to the 1989 Mind tour.

Yeah, I’m sorry I didn’t save the post I saw, but apparently the VIP ticket thing is with the purchase of some special LP release that will be released on RECORD STORE DAY. Record Store Day has always sounded like a total buttfuck, so I’m not sure. I’ll gladly buy the damn record to get the tickets, but I don’t want to get up at 5am to stand in line with a bunch of fucking nerds.

Hopefully the store near me will be one of the qualifying stores getting the record, but I doubt it.

Yeah record day always seems like a cool idea until I show up at a store and there is a line 4 city blocks long…

1 Like

I’m so NOT down for that.
I’ll hit up Grumpy. If he’s going to Record Store Day anyway, I’ll tell him to buy the record for me and he can have it, hahhaa. I just want the stupid tickets. I DON’T want to wait in line for 12 hours to buy a record just to get tickets, but I also definitely don’t want to take an entire day off work hoping for one of the “GA” tickets on the day of the show, only to get fucked at the door. Would be great if they’d just, you know, sell us fucking tickets like a normal society, hahaha.

If I do end up doing the RSD bullshit maybe I just can sell the record and the extra ticket while in line for the show and break even, hahahahahaha!!! I’m also wondering what the going rate from scalpers will be FOR these golden tickets . . . . I’d rather just pay $50 for someone’s ticket than deal with ANY of this other fucking nonsense, hahaha.

I can’t remember if LA is first on the tour or later down, but I guess if I do score a ticket or two (I can’t remember how many come with the record) I can see how shit plays out on the other stops.

I’m trying to come to terms with this as well. I guess I’ll have to do the RSD option. I’m not going to wait until day of and get screwed.

LA is the last show of this series.

Will they have RSD tickets at more than one store? I’m thinking they will have them at Amoeba in Hollywood, but that place will be a complete mob scene on April 13.