Ministry - Live in Boston 1984

Has anyone seen this yet?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ij1GeZGxhds

Crystal clear audio and video as if it was recorded a few days ago. If the entire show ends up being posted or released, then this might be the “Holy Grail” of early Ministry bootlegs.

Amazing what can turn up from personal archives three decades later.

Yeah dude…way late. We knew around August 14th.

1 Like

Yeah dude…way late. We knew around August 14th.

Haha. The day after it posted then. I’m a little slow on the uptake.

Does the entire show exist on audio? It seems like it’s a mix of the soundboard recording plus the fan cam in the audience.

Dang. I missed that when the board originally found it. I’d also love to hear more from the show. Looking at the setlists that are available from 1984, it looks like it would probably be an excellent mix of Wax Trax! classics, updated Arista material, and unreleased songs. Drool…

Dang. I missed that when the board originally found it. I’d also love to hear more from the show. Looking at the setlists that are available from 1984, it looks like it would probably be an excellent mix of Wax Trax! classics, updated Arista material, and unreleased songs. Drool…

Exactly. I would like to get a clean recording of “Do You Even Like It?” and “I’ll Do Anything For You”. I suspect that they were played at this show.

Also, based on some of the You Tube comments it appears that this video came from someone in the Front 242 camp when they opened for Ministry on the 1984 tour. Al has a Front 242 sticker on his guitar. One poster believes the video was captured on Betamax instead of VHS, which resulted in the higher quality recording.

I missed this first time around.

this is fucking great! incredible footage!

love the Roland Chorus amp, and the bridge where he’s playing clean in the break.

love the Roland Chorus amp, and the bridge where he’s playing clean in the break.

I agree. There is some great vintage equipment on that stage.

[reply]

I agree. There is some great vintage equipment on that stage.[/reply]

Most of the gear was bought after the Arista signing and is leftover from the previous tour. I don’t think that Stevo ever updated his Ludwig kit since he was perfectly happy with it. There was a mod to his snare so that it could trigger a device to add a little noise.

Al bought two black Strats and the JC-120 after the signing. He gave one of the Strats to me and I had it for years. I’m not a Strat fan so I didn’t play it much and traded it to a friend. When my friend got married in '98 we, my friend & I and a drummer, played an impromptu set at his reception and that’s what I used. The next day my friends house was broken into and the Strat was stolen.

Before he used the Roland/Strat setup, Al played a gray Ibanez Iceman with a Peavey Bandit 112. I can’t ever remember him using any stompboxes but he did like the chorus on the Roland. Who doesn’t?

1 Like

Haha, I have a Peavey Bandit 112. It’s pretty solid.

Two more videos have been added-

All Day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mieL3FUXQbo

The Nature of Love

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdkAEyXt8fM

1 Like

Awesome!!! It’s been about 4-5 years since he last posted!

Wow! Al is a dancing machine.

i’ve never put the timeline together that the revenge band did “all day”. trip.

thanks for sharing these awesome links.

Revenge is up. It looks like the camera got wet, so there’s a few seconds shaved off the beginning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EivMkqLAfoA

1 Like

At the rate he’s uploading clips, I estimate that I’ll see the entire show by my 75th birthday. :laughing:

New video posted, this one is “All Day” from Providence, RI. (Probably at the Living Room club)

2 Likes

Wow! There’s more than just the Boston show from 1984…incredible! Thanks!!

Wow. Thanks for sharing. Al is pumped up!

That was a fun video, I’ve never seen Al more animated. Didn’t realize All Day was dedicated to 242 either.

It’s funny, Al wouldn’t have looked out of place in the Culture Club back then

1 Like

I wonder if that person has got recordings from other tours (Twitch or LORAH for example).