"60 Days In" on A&E

Who’s watching this new docudrama show?
I’m obsessed with it.
The TV show was an extension of a Sheriff’s undercover program to plant civilians into his jail in order to get some inside information for improvements.

It is terrifying and raw.
If any of you are into the Locked Up/ Scared Straight/ Behind Bars, prison genre of documentary shows . . . . this one goes to infinity and beyond.

I recommend it to anyone.

I gotta catch up on this week’s ep, the show is fascinating.

I say no way is Jeff gonna complete the program. He’ll be screaming for coffee after just a few more days.

Tami is annoying as Hell. I hope she gets shanked. I can’t tell if Robert is deranged, retarded, or both.

Season 2 starts up next week. I will be watching this time based on your enthusiasm.

That, and another friend of mine raves about it as well.

Either way, we can discuss.

YES!!! I love this show. It’s gonna RULE!!!

“Shawshank Redemption” is a favorite. Such a satisfying ending on many levels.

Yeah . . . this is slightly different.

What network is this show on?

Uh. . .A & E?

[:P]

Yeah,that was pretty bad…I for some reason read A&E as part of the title…it’s been a long day…need some sleep…

Dudes, no worries.

I started replying to Acid’s comment, “Yes, it is on A&E” before noticing that I had it noted in the title.

I’ve been out of town, but caught up on this show last night.

Wow. This show is fucking great.

YES!!! Someone else to discuss it with! I love it. It’s everything that haunts my nightmares.

It’s a lot more intense than I expected it to be.

Again, because of my work, I usually pick shows apart and find all the flaws. I am super impressed by the access, and the production value. Camera angles are slick.

And it’s just a cool experiment.

Started watching this based on the reviews here. Im digging this for sure But I don’t buy roberts shit though. That guy was picked and told to act like a douche to hook people into watching. Nobodys that fucking stupid. The stay at home mom im interested in though. You can tell shes a fox dittohead talking about taxes and prison being a “handout.” If its such a hand out what the fuck are you scared and crying about? Im anxious to see what she learns. Thanks for the rec. im digging this for sure.

Robert is just a fucking bitch.
It’s not about using him as a pawn to lure viewers because the show doesn’t need him at all and he is so fucking repulsive that you will pray for him to get raped and murdered.

I disagree. Hes clearly there for a hook. Sure the show is lively but who do people immediately want to talk about? That dumb shit.
With how serious this show is. The high probability that they could get seriously hurt… Why the hell would the producers/the sheriff that started the show allow that guy to be on the show? They knew it wasnt going to work when he started talking about soft bristle tooth brushes and prison being a country club. Hes not supposed to make it. Hes there to draw heightened interest.

To give a fair assessment on just how much of that came into play I would really need to know more about the process they went through in searching for candidates. I know that they wanted to get a good sampling of people from different positions and who would see it from different angles, but it is more REAL than anything gets on TV. As far as A&E’s editing and highlighting of his douchiness . . . yes, obviously that is deliberate, but this is a legit prison and I believe that everyone on the inside played shit straight. Robert obviously had his own retarded agenda and he gets properly called out on it later. But . . . you’ll see.

Im in no way suggesting that this is faked. They put robert in a real prison with real inmates that would/could really really fuck him up. What i am suggesting is the producers put him up to him behaving the way he does. Theres cameras on him at all times, prison security monitoring him at all times so if/when the prisoners get tired of his shit (not knowing hes behaving like that on purpose) and try to fuck him up, in rides the cavalry. He gives them good tv and the show takes care of him. I dont think he is intended to make it through the whole season. As a matter of fact they just ended the show i saw by putting him in “solitary.” im sure he was just sent home or put up in a hotel but whatever. One thing that does suck is deandre got in a fight sticking up for that guy. I guess ill see. I plan to keep watching. But i dont watch roberts story with any kind of credibility

robert is mentally ill.